Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Novena to the Holy Spirit



Audio - Novena to the Holy Spirit

God eternal truth, we believe in you
God our strength and salvation, we trust in you
God infinite goodness, we love you with all our hearts
Jesus came to the world as our Saviour, make us all one in Him
fill us with your spirit of grace, that we may proclaim your name and your word amen.

(The Word of God)

The Novena Prayer

Holy Spirit, third person of the Blessed Trinity
Spirit of truth, love and holiness
Preceding from the father and the son
and equal to them in all things
I adore you, love you with all my heart
Dearest Holy Spirit
confinding in your deep personal love for me
I am making this novena for the following requests
if it should be your holy will to grant it.

(mention your request)

Beseech me Divine Spirit to know and seek my last end, grant me a holy
fear of God, grant me contrition and patience. Do not let me fall into
sin. give me an increase in faith, hope and and charity and bring into
my soul all the virtues proper to my state in life. Make me a faithful
disciple of Jesus and an obedient child of the church. Give me
sufficient grace to receive the sacrament worthily. Give me the four
cardinal virtues, your seven gifts, your twelve fruits, uphold me and
lead me into a happy death and everlasting life.
I ask this through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.

Prayer to the Holy Spirit, the Light of the church

O Holy Spirit, animate us
Spirit of the Father, live in us
Spirit of the Son, redeem us.
Eternal Love, penetrate us
with your fire, enflame us
with your grace, enlighten us
living once, desegregate us
from our sins purify us

L. With your Sweet Actions A. Strengthen us

L. Divine Consoler A. Sanctify us

L. By your Grace A. Support us

L. Through your Angels A. Guard us

L. With your Grace A. Dwell in us

L. God Holy Spirit A. Hear us

L. By your Light A. Direct us

L. Your Virtues A. Implant in us

L. With your Grace A. envigorate us

L. With your Fruits A. Refresh us

L. From the Evil Enemy A. Defend us

L. For the Last Struggle A. strengthen us

L. In the Hour of Death A. Sustain us

L. for all of them to come to you,

A. That with your saints triumphantly, we pray to you the Father, Son

and You, divine consoler, eternally. Amen.

Consecration to the Holy Spirit


O Holy spirit, divine spirit of light and love
we consecrate to you our understanding, our hearts and our wills,
our whole being for time and for eternity.
May all our understanding be always submissive to your teachings
and to the teachings of the holy catholic church,
you are world's infallible guide.
May our hearts always be enflamed with the love of God and of
neighbor. May our will be always conformed to the divine will
and may our whole life be a faithful imitation of the life and virtues
of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who lives and reigns with you in
the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.

May the holy truine God live in our hearts and the hearts of all
humanity. In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy
Spirit. Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Favorite Novena Prayers © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner